Got questions or comments about our solutions? Get in touch. We're ready to help right away.
Mutare has an immediate need for a self-driven individual with experience in advanced maintenance and troubleshooting of software products. As a Systems Engineer with Mutare you will have the opportunity to work with operations, software development, and product teams charged with maintaining and maximizing the profitability of existing products and conceptualizing and building new products.
We’re looking for a strategically minded individual with the ability to not only assist with software implementation and troubleshooting, but also to review current operations to design and implement improved procedures to maximize efficiency. These aspects of the position are extremely important to allow for future growth of the organization.
At Mutare, we’re eager to have an Operations professional join our team who is up to the challenge of understanding how Mutare is changing the technology and innovation in the messaging and communications industry. In fact, the word Mutare is derived from Latin and means “to change”.
- Maintaining, and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components
- Triaging inbound support tickets, solving and implementing fixes for customers
- Performing installation, maintenance, and support of system software/hardware and end-user support
- Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
- Assisting with the continual improvement of customer software implementation practices in the organization
- Creating and maintaining ongoing relationships with customer contacts to aid in references and future sales
- Contributing to Mutare’s ongoing product development improvement process
- The ability to convey complex information to technical and nontechnical users, including management via written or verbal communication
- Collaborative – demonstrated ability to work within a team structure to reach a common goal
- Operations management methodologies
We are a .NET shop and implementations are 60% on customer premise (via remote connection) and 40% hosted.
Experience with the following is required:
- Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Automated software deployments
Director of Operations
Some limited travel may be required.
After hours work will be required and on call support one week a month. As in the case today many software deployments and upgrades must be done outside of normal hours. Mutare has implemented a slot scheduling system for maintenance and upgrades. During week long 24x7 support, average of 2 to 3 calls anticipated.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in Operational Management
Full-time at headquarters located in Rolling Meadows, IL. Normal business hours at HQ. Any after hours work can be performed while at home and Mutare will assist with required hardware for that support.