VISHING awareness week Seminar
an educational seminar
This Year’s Capstone Seminar is on:
Understanding the Telephone as a Threat Vector
Cybersecurity is a daunting and uncomfortable topic and much of the news, social posts and communications are about organizations who have been breached, or stories of organizational failures which have led to substantial loss. Vishing Awareness Week is about empowering people through education, information and resources.
The bottom line is that the more you understand this threat vector, the better you can protect yourself and your organization.
Thursday April 13th, 2023
12:00 – 12:55PM ET
Vishing 101: Understanding the Voice Threat Vector
In this moderated Panel Discussion, experts from multiple vantage points will discuss the Voice Channel and why it has become one of the fastest evolving threat vectors. Our discussion will cover the evolution of both threat actors and their tactics in regards to the Voice Channel.
- Moderated by Beth Maundrill, Editor at Infosecurity Magazine
- Peter Warmka, former CIA, current cybersecurity author
- Erich Kron, Security Awareness Advocate at KnowBe4
- Lisa Plaggemier, Executive Director at National Cybersecurity Alliance
- Kyla Guru, CEO of Bits N’ Bytes Cybersecurity Education (BNBCE)
Vishing 201: Voice Threat Metrics – What the Numbers Show
In this moderated Panel Discussion, we bring together some of the largest call data organizations in the world, along with highly credentialed cybersecurity experts. Our discussion will cover data sources and methodologies, but more importantly what the data is showing us relative to trends and significant risks / threats.
- Matthew Mizenko, Sr. VP – Enterprise & Strategic Partnerships at RoboKiller
- Liz Addy, VP of Sales at YouMail
- Aaron Foss, Founder & CEO of Nomorobo
- Mark Batchelor, Senior Director of Programs and Outreach for the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust
2:00 – 2:30PM ET
Vishing 301: Voice Protection – Security Awareness Training
Presented by Ted Baturin, VP of Sales at KnowBe4
2:45 – 3:15PM ET
Vishing 302: Voice Protection – Stop Robocalls & Brand Impersonation
Presented by Gerry Christensen, Vice President of Enterprise Identity Defense of YouMail
3:30 – 4:00PM ET
Vishing 303: Voice Protection – It’s All about the Traffic
Presented by Richard Quattrocchi, Vice President Digital Transformation of Mutare
View This Year’s Sponsors
Click the button below for a complete summary of our April 13 Seminar, including video, learnings and more!